Last Updated: 01.06.2019
The main Decryptor Interface is a Multiple-Document-Interface (MDI) with customizable floating tool windows consisting of a Main Menu Bar, a SQL Server/Group Window, the Decryption Window, an Output Log, a Search Window, a Decryption Queue and an Object Properties Window.
All windows can be re-arranged and collapsed to suit your personal tastes.
The bottom-right of the Decryptor Interface contains an page indicator/counter and zoom bar that works independently for each tab in the Decryption Window.
- Adds a new group to the top of the group hierarchy of the SQL Server Window.
- Renames the currently selected group.
- Removes the currently selected group. If there are server nodes underneath the group you will be asked if you want to remove them all or move them to the next highest node in the list.
- Invokes the Add SQL Server Dialog to add a new or saved server to the list.
- Invokes the Edit SQL Server Dialog to edit the currently selected server.
- Removes the currently selected SQL Server from the list. The server information and connection properties will be saved so it can be easily referenced when connecting to it again.
- Disconnects and logs off of the currently active SQL Server and leaves it in the list.
- Invokes the Decryption Wizard which is a batch tool that allows you to create script files or replace objects directly on the server. You can select specific objects by server and/or database. Invoking the Decryption Wizard using this button does not make any assumptions about any selected nodes in the server list.
- Invokes the Export to Files Dialog allowing the currently active tab's contents to be saved to the file system.
- Replaces the decrypted object in the active tab on the server (registered version only). Please see the Replace on Server Warning Dialog. If the object's server has been disconnected or the object has already been replaced on the server, this option will be disabled.
- Re-decrypts the active tab's encrypted object. If the object's server has been disconnected or the object has been replaced on the server, this option will be disabled.
- Applies or removes reformatting for the active tab's decrypted contents.
- Applies or removes word wrapping for the active tab's decrypted contents.
- When checked all decrypted objects will have word wrapping applied to the window before it is displayed.
- When checked all decrypted objects will have the TSQL reformatted and applied to the window before it is displayed.
- When decrypted objects are displayed on the MDI interface, a new tab is created and focus is given to it. When checked the focus will stick to the currently active tab.
- Opens a new web browser and loads this help page.
- Opens a new web browser and loads the SQLDecryptor.com home page.
- Opens a new web browser and loads the Binary Softworks Support Options page.
- Invokes the Check for Updates Dialog to check for a newer version of Orbital's SQL Decryptor.
- Opens a new web browser and loads the Binary Softworks shopping cart page with one copy of Orbital's SQL Decryptor in it.
- Invokes the Register Product Dialog so you can register Orbital's SQL Decryptor and unlock all of the trial version restrictions.
- If you have registered Orbital's SQL Decryptor and unlocked the trial version then this icon will be displayed. Clicking it will deactivate the current license and revert the software back to it's trial version. This is useful if you need to uninstall the decryptor to install it on a different device.
- Invokes the About Dialog which displays information about the current build and license data.
This window contains the hierarchical structure of all the Groups and SQL Servers added to the Decryptor Interface. All groups and servers are displayed in alphabetical order and can be re-arranged by dragging and dropping between the available groups. For more detailed information reference the SQL Servers Window
The Decryption Window is the heart of the Multiple-Document-Interface (MDI) and displays decrypted objects in a tabular format. Objects can be decrypted by dragging them from the SQL Servers Window
and dropping them here. Main menu options will be enabled/disabled based on the setting for each tab. For more detailed information reference the Decryption Window
The Output Log Window is a central area that stores event information for all operations of the Decryption Program.
Connection statuses, errors, decryption data and other information can be found here. For more detailed information reference the Output Log
The Search Window lets you scan the contents of all the open tabs in the Decryption Window
by keyword or phrase. Results are displayed for each keyword or phrase and show the position where they keyword or phrase was found in the document. For more detailed information reference the Search Window
The Decryption Queue displays the status of the encrypted object being processed and any others that are waiting to be processed. The Decryption Queue is strictly for viewing the queue and no other options are available to interact with it. For more detailed information reference the Decryption Queue
The Object Properties Window displays detailed object and connection information for the encrypted object associated with the Decryption Window
's active tab. For more detailed information reference the Object Properties Window